Monday 14 December 2015

Sugar Skull

So it's Halloween and what better way to practice makeup skills! Also known as a Mexican Death Skull, this type of makeup has been seen in many different variations, colours and styles.


I started off using Illamasqua skin base and applying illamasqua loose white powder. I then contoured the face using Kryolan bright pallet in purple.


I used Kryolan Aqua Colour in purple to put circles around the eyes. I then used the black to make a flower like effect on the circles and blended it into the purple. I used the black to draw detail on the face. I also used a round tip brush to shade the lines by the cheeks using illamasqua obsidian mixed with bright purple.

Next step was to add the gems. I wanted to use larger gems to go around the eyes as well as be central decoration on the forehead.


Once the glue had dried, this was the final outcome!



I am really happy with my attempt at a mexian death skull although I would really like to try the detail using a different brush as it is very hard to get clean likes with a brush that is not quite right. It may be that I need to practice a steady hand or it could be the product and brush I used but either way I still think this is a good way to practice!


No comments:

Post a Comment