Monday 14 December 2015

Practical: White base

When we look at Queen Elizabeth I and the Elizabethan Era, one of the first things we notice is a pale face.
In class today, we tried out different ways to create this white base. 

Products/ brushes used
  • Illamasqua skin base
  • Kryolan aqua colour
  • Kryolan supracolour
  • Illamasqua matte primer
  • Foundation brush






With the illamasqua skin base, I really liked the colour and the way it made the face pale rather than just white. I like that it could be built up to create a stronger colour which is what I have done. The downfall with this one is I think it shows any imperfections on the skin a bit more and also has a streaky finish if its not been buffed. 



Supra colour had a very strange effect. I found this one good if you wanted a strong colour and a hard finish. It looked more like face paint rather than a foundation base and quite hard to work with. The finish looked wet and felt thick when applying it. Although I did like the coverage and streak free finish!



I quite liked this one as it was easy to apply and gave a nice finish. It did not streak and the colour was not too bright or patchy. The only problem was that it was a bit annoying having to get the right water:product ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment