Monday 14 December 2015

Lady in Waiting

To find our own response to the brief we can't just replicate the Elizabethans, we need to be able to take elements from the era and create a whole new design. How? Well we started off by introducing ourselves to Queen Elizabeth I's Lady in Waiting. A Lady in Waiting was not allowed to marry without the consent of the Queen herself. She was to accompany the Queen and was to wear only what was governed by Sumtuary Laws allowed. The women were typically from noble and high class families however Queen Elizabeth I was a very loyal person and had women she trusted, regardless of their status.

  • Katherine Swynford
  • Anne Russell
  • Kat Ashley
  • Lettice Knolleys
  • Elizabeth Throckmorton
  • Elizabeth Brydges
  • Blanche Parry
  • Anne Vavasour
  • Bess of Hardwick
Out of these women, I chose Lettice Knolleys. I then made a mind map after researching her, however I went on to exaggerate this to create a altered character. 



I decided to take the facts about her previous relationships and also loss of children to turn Lettice into a bitter touble maker. I noticed she had very similar features to Queen Elizabeth so I wanted to try and give Lettice a calm and pretty exterior with a hint of crazy.


I really like the idea of taking my made up Lettice back story and trying putting it into the make up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment