Monday 14 December 2015

Practical: eyes and lips

To get us started, Sue gave us these two charts that show us how shadow should be applied to different eye types. Everyones eyes are different shapes so we have to work around this to make them look presentable.
Sue then showed us how to properly apply make up to the eyes.



I put the two charts on the mirrors in front of me so I could see them as well as seeing my model. I have set up my area and prepared my model to a point where I am ready to apply eye makeup.

Looking at Annabel's eyes, I can see that hers are a round eye shape. I wanted to do a natural colour so I chose a soft brown and golden colour from my mac pallet.

To start with I put a layer of Illamasqua loose white powder underneath the eyes using a triangle powder puff. This is so that any coloured product that was to fall can be easily swept off after.

I used my rounded blending brush to apply the soft brown to the crease of the eyelid and continuously blending. I used a round tip brush to apply a more golden colour on the eyelid to make the colours blend in together.
I learned that holding the brush closer to the fibers allows me to blend the product better. Using a disposable wand, I applied mascara to my models eyelashes.

I then filled in the eyebrows by using an angled brush and the brown from my mac pallet. Gently brushing the product over the hairs in the brow, this creates an enhanced look to a natural brow. Once this is complete, you can brush away the excess powder from under the eye; I used my duo fiber brush to do this.

On to the lips, and Sue has shown us the best way to apply product to the lip. Using a spatula, scrape out some chosen colour product and place on the back of the hand. I used my angled brush to then work the product then apply to the lips starting from the outer corners and working your way to the middle. Again, I chose a very natural colour that is not too vibrant. LC002 and a tiny bit of LC008 from Kryolans lip pallet This was the final look. 

I am happy with how it has turned out and I really enjoyed learning the different ways of applying eye make up. If I was to do this again, I would really like to try stronger colours and also line the eyes so they stand out more. I think I have just about got the right technique, I just need to keep practicing to get confidence and also test with different eye shapes and colours.


No comments:

Post a Comment