Monday 14 December 2015

Final Design Practice: my partner

This was Katherine's final design. I was actually a bit worried to start with as this is the first time someone has ever given me a picture of something they have drawn up and expected me to create it. Of course I'm going to struggle in the designer hasn't talked me through it first! And this is the reason for practicing.



I started off by creating a pale base using Kryolan foundation pallet FS 38 mixed with a bit of ivory and illamasqua skin base. After buffing it with the kabuki brush I applied illamasqua loose white powder with a triangle puff and lightly brushed away any excess powder with the duo fiber brush.

Once my base was done, I started on the cheeks using two orange tones from Kryolan bright pallet. Next I moved onto the eyes, using a round tip brush I applied illamasqua sex all over the lid and a bit underneath. Next were the lips, and I dabbed a tiny bit of skin base on the lips and then applied a pink colour from the bright pallet. Using supra colour in red I asked Katherine to purse her lips as I dabbed the red on with my fingers.

The next mission was the eyebrows which I was really excited about. I used a pritt stick to work it through the brow. I then used a disposable mascara wand to apply gold leaf to the brow.


As my first attempt, I am actually really pleased with the outcome. I really like how gentle it looks and seems to compliment Katherine's facial features however there are a couple of things to take note for next time. The shadow on the eyes seemed a bit light so Katherine said to put Illamasqua skin base on first around the eyes and then the shadow on top. With the lips, I noticed I had not put the red crinkle effect on the whole lip and had missed a part out. This can be easily fixed but I should take note to pay more attention to detail next time. 
Finally, the eyebrows... I had a frustrating time with this! Katherine has naturally very full and thick and beautiful eyebrows which is great but not so great when your are trying to work a pritt stick through them! Then to apply dust-like gold leaf that just keeps flying away makes it near enough mission impossible. What I had done in this practice session was okay but Katherine and more myself would like it to be a bit better placed.
I though that if I were to wet the glue a bit first, it would delay the drying time to let me spend a bit more time applying the gold leaf. This was an idea to keep in mind for the next practice session.



No comments:

Post a Comment